Saturday, June 21, 2014

MYart: A NEWsong inspired by an OLDpoem... by #andRu?

 
New Song 'Tha Sound of tha Seasonz'

...On this LOVELY Solstice Day ;) 

#andRu?

June 21, 2014 at 9:02pm

 'All perform their tragic play,
There struts Hamlet, there is Lear,
That's Ophelia, that Cordelia...'


'If worthy their prominent part in the play,
Do not break up their lines to weep.
They know that Hamlet and Lear are GAY;
GAIETY transfiguring all that dread....'


'All things fall and are built again,
And those that build them again are GAY.'


----> Indeed....INDEED!!! This poem is awesome!!

So, I wrote a new song called 
'Tha Sound of tha Seasonz' 
and it was inspired by 
William Butler Yeats' immortal poem 
'Lapis Lazuli,' 
which readz:

'I HAVE heard that hysterical women say
They are sick of the palette and fiddle-bow.
Of poets that are always gay,
For everybody knows or else should know
That if nothing drastic is done
Aeroplane and Zeppelin will come out.
Pitch like King Billy bomb-balls in
Until the town lie beaten flat.


All perform their tragic play,
There struts Hamlet, there is Lear,
That's Ophelia, that Cordelia;
Yet they, should the last scene be there,
The great stage curtain about to drop,
If worthy their prominent part in the play,
Do not break up their lines to weep.
They know that Hamlet and Lear are gay;
Gaiety transfiguring all that dread.
All men have aimed at, found and lost;
Black out; Heaven blazing into the head:
Tragedy wrought to its uttermost.
Though Hamlet rambles and Lear rages,
And all the drop-scenes drop at once


Upon a hundred thousand stages,
It cannot grow by an inch or an ounce.

On their own feet they came, or On shipboard,'
Camel-back; horse-back, ass-back, mule-back,
Old civilisations put to the sword.
Then they and their wisdom went to rack:
No handiwork of Callimachus,
Who handled marble as if it were bronze,
Made draperies that seemed to rise
When sea-wind swept the corner, stands;
His long lamp-chimney shaped like the stem
Of a slender palm, stood but a day;
All things fall and are built again,
And those that build them again are gay.


Two Chinamen, behind them a third,
Are carved in lapis lazuli,
Over them flies a long-legged bird,
A symbol of longevity;
The third, doubtless a serving-man,
Carries a musical instrument.

Every discoloration of the stone,
Every accidental crack or dent,
Seems a water-course or an avalanche,
Or lofty slope where it still snows
Though doubtless plum or cherry-branch
Sweetens the little half-way house
Those Chinamen climb towards, and I
Delight to imagine them seated there;
There, on the mountain and the sky,
On all the tragic scene they stare.
One asks for mournful melodies;
Accomplished fingers begin to play.
Their eyes mid many wrinkles, their eyes,
Their ancient, glittering eyes, are gay.'




Awesome!! Don't know what it all means without doing research, but Idc...I get tha mood thru his twisty turns of phrase....

And Idc that he prolly didn't use GAY in the way that I read it today...that makes it more awesome!!

......this piece does, however, underscore why I don't read for pleasure anymore...not fiction, anyway, very much, after bein' a hardcore English major and reading and analyzing EVERYTHING in English literature.....blah. Idc about ur stories!!! I have my own! 

....and, actually, I was clearing my own lovely piece of Lapis today and lamenting about my trusty crystals and how much they mean to me when I remembered tha poem after all these years and read it...which inspired the picture below...which inspired this song, somehow    um....????

Ahh, yes, I recall: tha time was 420 and we sat there with my beautiful amethysts, cactus quartzes, and red, orange, yellow, green, and blue calcite...not to forget that lovely piece of Lapis Lazuli....and I said to my friend....well, i said tha first lines of this song!!  
                         OH I LOVE BEIN AN ARTIST!!! 

‘Tha Sound of tha Seasonz’
by #andRu? 6.20.14


Its sad but its true
That poor #and R u?
Loves smokin a doob
Even more than drinkin a brew...


Its a fact and its not
That I love (MY!) smokin' rocks
They radiate non-stop!
Cant wait to pick me up!


I prescribe a truth to an object
I cry for u to be True jus for one sec!
Wouldn’t know what to do without ur Protect
And I don’t care who laughz at u and Rejectz...


Because I get a feelin’
Is it real or make-believin'??
Doesn't matter if i have a thousand reasonz!
Oh tha clatter! Tha Sound of tha Seasonz...


Oh tha clatter! Oh tha clatter! Oh tha clatter!
Tha Sound of tha Seasonz….
(repeat)


Ive been known to be a bitch! -
*P A U S E*
I am always a sweetheart
Im actually a witch
And my dayz are filled w art


Im grateful to be me
I wish I was someone else!
Im not hateful, I am free...
When I am One with myself….


I feel myself in the treez...
I see ur visage in tha Sun!
I feel myself fall to my kneez…..
As I think, Will this be tha One???


To get me off my azz!
To motivate with clazz!
It’s time that I begat
A rhyme explainin’ where Im at -
Psyche! Got plenty nuff of those!
I need to touch my toe
And do yoga, and do hoez
There it goes! Tha Sound of tha Seasonz….


There it goes! There it goes! There it goes!
Tha Sound of tha Seasonz….
(repeat)


BRIDGE:
Switch it up, mix it up
If someone pukez don’t lick it up
I think that I have had enuff
Drinkin's jus not up to snuff....
And that's tough! Tough cold as a witch’s titty
I may need to switch my city
Or is that jus wishful thinkin’??
Will I bring a peace like Lincoln?
Will i end up on tha 3-dollar bill?
Created in my honor coz Im queer as one…
Folks r gonna holla when they will…
So Im gone to Bonnaroo, thy kingdom come...


Here it comes! Here it comes! Here it comes!
Tha Sound of tha Seasonz….
(repeat x 2)


What ya can’t escape….
What's like date - not RAPE, Lady Gaga!
It may not hurt but it may
It can rain on ur parade...
Tha clit-(clutter)-Taurus that
Clatterz about…
The pitter-pat in forests
U once dreamt about
Does it matter? Of course!
That u went without!
But u see what Saturn’z course
Meant to be about…


What does Saturn’s course...
Mean to be about???
Oh, what does Saturn’z course...
Mean to be about??
(repeat)

It’s about:
Tha Sound of tha Seasonz…
It’s about:
Tha Sound of tha Seasonz…
(repeat x 2)
What's tha matter? I see Matter was Shattered!
From tha Sound of tha Seasonz...
Where it stops Nobody Knows (ME) - Whatever goes!
With tha Sound of tha Seasonz....
Here it Cumz u actin' Dumb as Bum...
It's jus tha Sound of tha Seasonz!!     

Its tha SOUND! of tha Seasonz....
Oh, it's tha SOUND! of tha Seasonz........       
(repeat to faded crazy ending w ad-libs…)            
©2014 astrologic muzik

Fin. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment